Friday, April 4, 2008

I just can't live without them.


You know, I can fit quite a lot of grapefruit in my moto trunk. I absolutely MUST have a half grapefruit with my breakfast every morning. I was fed practically year round by my good friend's tree, until a couple of years ago, when she had the nerve to up and move to Portland. Buying grapefruit here is utterly ridiculous, given that it grows seemingly in every other yard (my yard, unfortunately being one without a tree), and that the stuff from the store doesn't remotely resemble a fresh picked grapefruit. So I've resorted to bartering symphony tickets for unlimited rights to a number of trees in Tucson! It's a lovely arrangement, and, as luck would have it, one of "my" trees happens to be at the base of Mt. Lemmon. Life is good when you can pick up your groceries and ride the Catalina Highway in the same trip.

No comments: