Thursday, November 15, 2018

Test Rides

So, yeah. That little window in the your master cylinder?  The one that allows you to check the brake fluid level during your pre-flight? Mine fell out. I mean, it just fell right on out. There it was, sitting on the ground. Weird! But I told you that already.


Situation No Go
 
Looks pretty clean?


So last weekend after a fluid top off (the cylinder hadn't completely emptied out), I took it for a teeny tiny little test ride around the block. And around a few more times. Stop! Go! Stop! Go! Just to see if I could trust it enough to ride to a friend who has all these fancy tools that would make the just-in-case line bleeding super easy.* Yes, I hate trailering SO much, that I'd actually ride across town with a questionable front brake - hey, that's what the rear is for, right? - rather than load up my bike.  In any case it, stopped on command every time.

I also did some testing at the AZ Farm & Food Fest!

Yummy apple-y thing. Didn't think to note chef OR menu details. Just ate it right up.



And? Just like that, I wrote a blog post. Baby steps, right?**

*Would NOT have done this if the cylinder had emptied out!
**Big hopes 2019 is the year "life gets back to normal."  Whatever that means.

No comments: