Saturday, May 22, 2010

What I Did Last Summer - Part Three (Wyoming)

I have a strange (or maybe it's not so strange) fascination with Wyoming. I just love those endless fields of scrubby sagebrush. I had the opportunity to see and explore the Snowy Mountain Range in Wyoming last summer from a cabin in Mountain Home, WY on the Colorado border, not far from Laramie. (Notable meal in Laramie: Sweet Melissa's Cafe, found via iPhone app "Urban Spoon." I'm not one to rule out food groups, but this vegetarian restaurant serves up some tasty roasted portabella sandwiches, and pasta with fresh greens.)

After a hearty country breakfast, "the boys" decided they'd go riding on the dirt (borrrrring!), so I opted for my own ride on WY 130, a scenic and fun road near Medicine Bow Peak, aptly named the Snowy Range Scenic Byway. Have you picked up on this yet? If it's a "scenic byway," you know it's going to be good. It was! "I'm going to do this again tomorrow, and THIS time I'm going to take pictures! Yay!"

Except...

When I got back the boys were nowhere to be found, one motorcycle had returned, and one car and trailer was missing. Uh oh. They've had a bit too much fun, and someone's moto didn't quite survive the day. I didn't think too much of it. I left this note and enjoyed a short run on a forest road.



I started thinking a little more of it when I saw not one but two police vehicles emerging from the general direction the boys were riding that day. Turns out one of our crew smashed his leg into a zillion pieces (insert sad-funny trombone sound) and we spent the rest of our week hanging out here:


It's all good, folks!

No comments: