I just made a chocolate beet cake. Yes, a chocolate beet cake. The ingredients had as much color as an electric blue Suzuki, a neon green Kawasaki, or, of course, a 1930's lipstick red Ducati.
In motorcycle related news, I’m leaving on a little trip. When I look at the backlog of blog posts I have half written, I wonder if I’ll ever get around to telling you about it.
Roll the credits:
- Beets and eggs compliments of my beloved CSA.
- Beets pureed with my German Wheels. I can’t believe I ever lived without them. I don’t need no stinkin’ food processor.
- Recipe compliments of Ross Burden (well almost, I changed a few things), chosen after exhaustive research consisting of perhaps five mouse clicks. I had my reasons, actually, but I don’t feel like typing out the higher culinary math involved in that decision right now. I’d rather go eat a piece of cake.
- Sour cream ganache (of my own design) not shown.
- Happy Earth Day! How lovely to celebrate mother nature's edible colors.